Wednesday, February 26, 2014

I urged Governor Brewer to veto SB 1062

Upon further reflection, I determined that my vote on SB 1062 was a mistake. While I cannot change my vote, I urged Governor Brewer to veto the legislation.
Keeping government out of Arizonans' lives is always my primary objective when voting on legislation. I will always support Arizonans’ right to religious freedom and protection under the first amendment. However, I believe this legislation, though drafted with sincere intentions, mistakenly sends a message to our citizens, our businesses, and the nation that Arizona is not"Open for Business” as our Governor has eloquently said.
Unfortunately our great nation has a painful history of discrimination, and I now recognize that this legislation, albeit unintentionally, has the potential to re-open those wounds.
I have personally expressed my opposition to SB 1062 to Governor Brewer today, and I intend to return my focus to making Arizona the greatest state in America for our citizens to live, work and raise a family.


http://chumly.com/n/236ed7a

No comments:

Post a Comment